Curriculum Vitae: Chantale Delrue
2006 Masters in Fine Arts University of Tasmania,
1988 BA, Fine Arts, major in ceramics. TSIT, Launceston .
1978 Dip Education, Antwerp Belgium.
1973 Dip. Painting, Brussels, Belgium
2011 Imaginal Journeys, Warrnambool Art Gallery, Warrnambool, Victoria.
2007 Tales from the Forest, Burnie Regional Art Gallery, Tasmania
2006 The sacred Tree, Plimsoll Gallery, Centre For the Arts, Hobart Tasmania
2005 Oerwouden en Eilanden, Gallery Blokes, Pepingen, Belgium.
Sacred Circle, Design Centre of Tasmania, Launceston.
Wonders, Moonah Art Centre, Moonah.
2004 Tree Tales, Entrepot gallery, University of Tasmania, Hobart.
2003 The Sacred Tree, Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, Hobart
1995 Midlands visitations and other journeys, Watsons Fine Arts Dealers, Launceston Tasmania.
The journey, Distelfink Gallery, Melbourne.
1993 Flying with the Spirit, Nexus Gallery, Lions Art Centre Adelaide.
1992 Illusions, Dick Bett Gallery, Hobart.
Ceramic Mural, Art House Inc., Launceston.
University of Tasmania, Launceston.
1990 Cockatoo Inc. Launceston, Tasmania.
1989.Expressions, Devonport Regional Art Gallery, Devonport, Tasmania.
1988 Recent Ceramics, T.S.I.T., Gallery "B", Launceston, Tasmania.
Memories of the Northern Territory and Japan, Old Bakery, Lane Cove, NSW.
1983 Warrnambool Regional Art Gallery, Victoria.
Involved over 30 group exhibitions in Australia, Indonesia, Japan and Europe.
2006 National Multicultural Festival, Canbera
2005 Moonah Art Centre, Moonah
2004 Moonah Art Centre, Moonah
2000 Canberra Museum and Art Gallery, ACT.
1997 Cowra Festival For International Understanding, Cowra, NSW
1995 Launceston General Hospital
1989 Ikeda Sister City, Ikeda, Japan.
COLLABORATIONS AND PROJECTS INVOLVING THE COMMUNITY
2004 - Mountain Festival, Hobart: Shoreline artistic director for sculptural installation and performance celebrating life on the Eastern Shore. Collaboration with Mixed Media Productions.
- Mountain Festival, Hobart: Invertebrates, visual artist for performance on Mount Wellington.
2003 - Community Spirits, artistic director for installation at St Matthew’s Church, Glenorchy.
2002 - Mountain Festival Hobart, artistic director for Alive on the Mountain, performance with the Mountain Orchester, collaboration with Tanya Bosac.
2001 - Migrant Resource Center, Hobart: Textile and large-scale puppet project with refugees
2000 - Mount Nelson community: The Swift Parrot, mural painting.
- Glenorchy City Council: The Works, project
1999 - Creative Living Center: project for the Burnie City Lights Festival.
1997 - Collaboration with Tasdance, to commemorate one hundred and fifty years of circus in Australia.
- Visual artist for “the Journey” in conjunction with Ripe Theater, Launceston.
1995 - Collaboration with Gambit Theatre, Launceston.
1994 -Multicultural wall hanging, Migrant Resource Center, Launceston,
-Trevallyn Mural, Trevallyn Primary School, Launceston.
1993 -Collaboration with Tasdance, artistic director Tim Newt and composer Steven Leech. for the Illuminations II performance.
1992 -Collaboration with Tasdance, Visual Artist for the first Illumination I performance.
1988 -Artist, designer for Rainbow Serpent, Project for the Bicentennial Commission.
1986 - Visual Artist for the Teenage Road Show working on Arts projects in Aboriginal and outback communities in NSW, Queensland and the NT.
1985 -Artist director mural, Alice in Wonderland, Launceston General Hospital.
SELECTED PUBLIC AND PRIVATE COMMISSIONS
2011 Holman Clinic, Launceston, works on paper, commission trough Arts for Public Buildings.
2004 Strahan Medical Centre, Strahan, work on paper, commission trough Arts for Public Buildings.
2003 Mosaic wall project for the National Europe Centre at the Australian National University, ACT.
2002 Australian National University, sculpture garden ‘Evolution/Involution’ mosaic pavement.
2001 Federation Project, commission for Glenorchy City Council, mosaics for footpath on Main Road.
2000 Westbury Primary School: for mosaics for school entrance.
1999 Devonport City Council: Gateway to Tasmania mosaic walls for the entrance of Muray street.
1998 Devonport High School: mosaics for the entrance foyer of the school.
Burnie City Council: Commission of series of banners.
Cowra Festival For International Understanding: commission of ‘Mie Katoen’ Belgian Giant .
1996 Fairvieuw Primary School, New Norfolk: mosaic floor for foyer.
1995 Reece High School, Devonport: mosaic floor for foyer.
Lilydale High School: ceramic vessel and oil painting for school collection.
1994 Hotel Le Meridien, Noumea: sculptures for water feature at the entrance of the hotel.
1992 Nixon Street Primary School: ceramic mural
Strahan Visitors Centre/Robert Morris Nunn and Associates: Ceramic wall sculpture.
1990 Ikeda Sister City Committee: ‘Sister City’ mural in Ikeda Osaka Japan
- Mansfield, Janet, Ceramics & the Environment, Crows Nest NSW: Allen and Unwin, 2006, p.184.
- Claiming Ground: Twenty-five years of Tasmania’s Art for Public Buildings Scheme, Arts Tasmania, Hobart, 2005, p. 46,.
-The place where three dreams cross, exhibition catalogue, University of Tasmania, 2005, pp. 8 – 9.
- Klaosen, Diane, “Chantale Delrue’s Mosaics”, Ceramics Technical, May 2004, pp.41- 44
- Ikin, Robert, “The Journey”, Pottery in Australia, 1996, Page 59.
- Frost, Annabel, “Images for Contemplation “ Australian Country Style, July 1995, pp.108-.111.
- Greg Leong, “A Belgian Artist’s work in Tasmania”, Artlink, Vol 12 No 3 Spring 1992, pp. 79 - 80.
- Blair, Charles, "Beyond the Persona", Craft Arts International p. 52 - 56 August Oct. 1991, pp. 53 – 56.
- Germaine, Max, Artists and Galleries of Australia: Vol. One, Craftsman House, Roseville, 3rd ed. 1990
-International Leaders in Achievement, 2nd ed., International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Backhouse, Sue, Tasmanian Artists of the Twentieth Century, Pandami Press, Hobart, 1988 p. 59.
- Schrauwen, Griet, "Chantale Delrue" Knack Weekend Magazine, - March 1988. pp. 3 and 28 - 33.
- Deeth, Jane, “Chantale Delrue”, Pottery in Australia, Volume 27 February 1988. pp 14- 15.
- Who is Who in Europe, International Biographical Centre Cambridge, 7th ed, p. 625.
- Morris Nunn, Miranda, “Leading the Parade”, Craft Tasmania, Volume 16 No. 3 1986. p. 11.
- Public Art in Launceston, catalogue of selected sculptures, murals and monuments, Queen Victoria Museum and Art Gallery, Launceston 1986
- Ernest, Kay, (editor), Who's Who in Australasia and the Far East, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, 1989, p 134.
2007 Tasmanian Regional Arts, towards UNIMA conference and travel in Europe
2005 Arts Bridge Grant, towards exhibition in Belgium
1995 Quick Response Grant, through Arts Tasmania, towards exhibition at Distelfink Gallery in Melbourne.
1993 Pat Corrigan Artist Grant to assist with exhibition at Nexus Gallery in Adelaide
1990 Japan Australian Foundation Grant to do research in Japan
1989 Workshop Development Grant, Tasmanian Arts Advisory Board towards the purchase of equipment.
1988 Bursary from Victorian Ministry for the Arts to attend 'Creative Cities' Melbourne.
2005 Inaugural Tasmanian Honour Roll of Women, awarded for contributions to the arts.
2002 Material Girl, Woman Tasmania, Highly Commended, Drawing Award.
1998 The Apex Club Of Tamar inc.: award for best constructed float.
1997 Cowra’s Festival of International Understanding: award for most unique participant.
1995 Multicultural Art for decorative ceramics.
1993 Nominated for the Ross Bower Award, Australia Council for the Arts
1983 Acquisition Award, Footscray City Council.